The following Terms and Conditions together with the general information are governed by and constituted in accordance with English Law.
By proceeding with a Booking, you are deemed to have confirmed acceptance in full, of these:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Menorca Gold Ltd, of 120 A Dawes Road, Fulham, London SW6 7EG, England, UK is the duly authorised administration agent of the owner of the property intended to be let. These terms and conditions and any booking made through us constitute a contract between you (as the intended visitor to the Property and which means all of you (if more than one), and Menorca Gold Ltd as the administration agent on behalf of the owner.
2. A completed and signed booking form is required with a non-refundable deposit. This contract will be binding when we confirm receipt of your duly completed booking form with signature, together with cleared funds for the full amount of the deposit; receipt and acceptance by us will be advised to you in writing (which may include by email).
3. Full payment of the booking amount is required no later than 8 weeks before arrival.
4. If the Property is booked less than 8 weeks before departure, the full amount will be payable at the time of booking.
5. The period of the rental is from 3 pm on the day of arrival until 10 am on the day of departure.
6. Unless detailed as payable locally or as otherwise confirmed to you in writing, the price includes gas, electricity, water, and a weekly linen change on rentals over 7 days. Any Extras and Extra Services are to be paid in full before arrival.
7. The Property is let for holiday purposes only and may not be used for any other purpose without the written consent of Menorca Gold Ltd. The number of any party shall not exceed the published capacity of the Property as stated on the Menorca Gold Ltd website at the time of booking; you accept that the decoration, furnishings and items provided with the Property may differ from that shown in any brochure or literature available at the time of booking, due to necessary or other changes at the discretion of the Owner.
8. You must notify us as soon as possible after arrival if the Property is damaged in any way or, throughout your stay, if any other problems or damage occur, so that we may take appropriate steps and, if necessary, notify the Owner. Except for any damage notified to us upon arrival, all damage to the Property and any loss which, in each case, is apparent from an inspection of the Property during or after your departure, will be your responsibility to make good at your cost and you agree to fully indemnify the Owner in this respect. Any serious damage or misuse in relation either to the Property or items provided may, at Menorca Gold Ltd’s discretion and with the agreement of the Owner, result in your occupation being brought to an end early.
9. Menorca Gold Ltd cannot be held responsible for breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, etc. nor for failure of public utilities (such as water and electricity). Menorca Gold Ltd is not responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the accommodation or which is beyond our control.
10. Any cancellation (for whatever reason) by you must be in writing by letter addressed to us at Menorca Gold Ltd, 120 A Dawes Road, Fulham, London SW6 7EG, England, UK. The effective date of cancellation will be the date on which we receive your written notification.
11. If you cancel 8 weeks or more before departure you will lose your deposit.
12. If you cancel within 8 weeks of departure, Menorca Gold Ltd will be entitled to charge you a cancellation fee equivalent to the full holiday cost.
13. In the unlikely event that it is necessary for Menorca Gold Ltd to make an alteration or cancellation to any booking, we will inform you as soon as possible and, if requested, will try to arrange alternative accommodation of a similar type and standard in a similar location. If alternative accommodation is not requested or, where requested, is not available, all monies paid by you will be refunded in full and you accept (waiving all rights to claim on any other basis).
14. The information and any description (including photographs) supplied by Menorca Gold Ltd in respect of any villa are shown in good faith as generally being available at the time of booking. Should local amenities vary, or facilities not be available at certain times as a result of weather conditions or local circumstances, you acknowledge that Menorca Gold Ltd cannot be held responsible.
15. It is your responsibility to obtain all documents required for your holiday, to ensure these are in proper order and to take them with you and to ensure that you have a valid passport (note: it must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your return) and any necessary visas.
16. It is your responsibility to keep all children and adults at the Property safe, especially around water. Neither will the Owner will be held responsible for any accident that might occur as a result of you not being vigilant either inside or outside the Property. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult in the swimming pool at all times.
17. You shall be wholly responsible for all items of property which belong to you and which you have with you during your stay.
18. In acting as agent for the Owner, we shall not be liable for any act or default of the Owner under these Conditions or any letting made through us, as such liability shall be with the Owner;
this may include withdrawal of the Property from rental, the Property being damaged to such degree that the Booking cannot commence or any alteration to the Property prior to your occupation – if we become aware of such circumstances prior to your arrival, we will try to alter your Booking under the provisions of clause 13.
19. Save in respect of clause 20, our maximum liability to you, whether in contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise and including any liability we may have to statutory interest, is limited to the total amount of commission actually received by us in relation to the Booking under these Conditions.
20. Our liability shall only extend to direct losses suffered by you, to the extent that you may suffer any consequential indirect or economic loss, of whatever nature, including loss of profit or wages, each of these are expressly excluded from the extent of our liability and you hereby waive any rights that you may otherwise have in law to claim such losses or damage.
21. Notwithstanding anything above, no provision of these Conditions shall operate to limit or exclude our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty.
22. Menorca Gold Ltd do not offer insurance, so by accepting our Terms and Conditions you agree to arrange your own full holiday insurance for all members of your party to adequately insure against holiday risks; against unexpected cancellation charges, medical expenses abroad, loss of luggage and / or money and personal liability claims.
23. In the event that you have any complaint with regard to the Property you must inform the property manager within 24 hours and in writing (including email) to Menorca Gold Ltd within 36 hours. Failure to follow this procedure will mean that Menorca Gold Ltd will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate your complaint and take steps to rectify any issues whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract.
24. This agreement is governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have non-exclusive jurisdiction.